For a period of 12 months, Open Cultural Center Barcelona is looking for an ESC educational assistant for the Autonomy and Emancipation Project with Young Newcomers in Moianès. The position focuses on educational support and accompaniment to young participants in the project.
The tasks that the volunteer will carry out are the following:
- Support the educational team and coordination with a variety of tasks to carry out the autonomy project for young people
- Accompany young people to resources and / or possible procedures and procedures included in the young person’s autonomy plan
- Actively collaborate in more community tasks for the local inclusion of young people, such as talking to cultural associations or young people in the area, contacting local agents or facilities, etc.
- Elaboration of educational material
As this is a learning position, the person will be able to:
- Expand knowledge in carrying out socio-educational projects
- Know how a non-profit organization works
- Learn to work in multicultural environments with vulnerable people
- Learn to work with advanced project management tools like Slack, Airtable, Trello, GitBook and more
The project is funded by the European Commission through the Erasmus + ESC program. This means that this position through ESC includes:
- Pocket money: approximately € 280
- Travel within the framework of the project
- Insurance (CIGNA by ESC)
- Cursos d’idiomes (aula o online, català, castellà, anglès i/o àrab)
- Shared room accommodation (optional)
- Mentoring support
We are looking for a volunteer with the following profile:
- Person between 18 and 30 years old who lives in the Moianès region
- A person in solidarity and committed to their environment, community and society.
- A person sensitive to the shortcomings and needs of society and the environment understood as a global one.
- Active, dynamic, enterprising, responsible and willing to make commitments.
- It acts in coordination within the framework of an organization and with the other people who make it up.
- Able to speak and write in Catalan and Castile, the knowledge of English will also be valued
To apply for this position, please send an email to email@example.com with your CV + Motivation.