- Start of the project: 01/09/2021
- End of project: 31/06/2022
- Duration: 10 months
- Number of volunteers: 3
OCC Greece is looking for volunteers for the following positions(volunteers can apply for more than one positions):
- English Teacher for kids, youth or adults: The volunteer that will engage to this position will be teaching English to different age groups of refugees and asylum seekers in Polykastro, Greece.
- Kindergarten & Women space : Volunteers in this position will work with minors of a really young age organising and implementing recreational activities around art and storytelling. At the same time they will support migrant facilitators inside the activities in order to take initiatives and run their own activities. The ‘Women space’ involves organising and implementing activities for women.
- Administration Tasks and Evaluation: This position is targeting to involve a youngster that has thirst to learn how an organisation functions from the inside. The tasks involve taking minutes, evaluation process of our activities, reporting and other administrative tasks. Good level of English is required.
We are looking for Eu volunteers with the following profile:
- Good level of English.
- Young volunteer (18-30 years old)
- Being easy-going and loving an intercultural environment.
- Being motivated, sociable, proactive, open-minded, tolerant, creative, and self-reliant.
- Someone who has no problems with sharing an apartment/bedroom with other volunteers.
The project is funded by the European Commission through the ESC program. This means that volunteering via ESC includes:
- Travel costs (up to the limits established in the Erasmus+ Guide distance calculator).
- Accommodation: you will share a flat in Polykastro, Greece with other volunteers. It will be fully equipped (kitchen, bathrooms, washing machine, etc.). It is important to be ready to share your bedroom with other volunteers of the same sex/gender.
- Monthly food 120 euros.
- Pocket money 5 euros per day.
- Insurance (CIGNA) + EHC.
- Language courses (classroom or online).
If you meet the requirements, are ready to work with migrants and refugees, wish to live and work in an international environment, and have the skills needed for this vacancy, please fill the form on:
We will be happy to hear from you.