This position has been filled.
For a period of 12 months, starting in July 2021, Open Cultural Center Barcelona is looking for a fundraising & communications ESC trainee. The position is focussed on supporting our Fundraiser and Communications Manager with writing project proposals for public and private grants and with managing communications, including social media.
The tasks that the volunteer will carry out are the following:
- Support the fundraising manager with writing project proposals for public and private grants
- Support the communications manager with posts on social media
- Support the communications manager with posts for the blog on our website
- Produce and edit visual materials through Canva or Photoshop (photo, video and graphic images)
As this is a learning position, the person will be able to:
- Build thorough experience in writing project proposals to public and private grants for fundraising in the NGO sector
- Learn how to manage communications for a non-profit organization and build a portfolio of published photos and/or articles
- Learn how to work in multicultural environments with people from all over the world
- Learn how to work with advanced project management and communication tools such as Slack, Airtable, Canva, Trello, GitBook and more
The project is funded by the European Commission through the Erasmus+ ESC programme. This means that this position through ESC includes:
- Travel costs (up to the limits established in Erasmus+ Guide distance calculator)
- Accommodation – you will share a flat in Barcelona with other volunteers. It will be fully equipped (kitchen, bathrooms, washing machine, etc). It is important to be ready to share your bedroom with another volunteer of the same sex/gender
- Monthly food + pocket money: approximately €280
- Insurance (CIGNA for ESC)
- Language courses (classroom or online, Catalan, Spanish and/or Arabic)
We are looking for a volunteer with the following profile:
- EU citizen or a migrant/refugee with legal residence + work permit in Spain
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience or interest in photography, graphic design and related software (Photoshop, in-design, etc.) will be a plus
- Strong interest in working in the nonprofit/social sector and basic to advanced knowledge of the migration context of Europe. Higher education in social sciences will be considered a plus.
- Able to speak and write in English, Spanish (strongly preferred). Knowledge of catalan will be considered a plus.
- Easy-going and loving an intercultural environment
- A motivated, sociable, proactive, open-minded, tolerant, creative and self-reliant person
- Someone who has no problem with sharing an apartment/bedroom with other volunteers
If you are between 18 and 30 years old, ready to work with refugees, wish to live in an international environment and have the skills needed for this position, please use the button bellow to find the application form. The contact person is Marta Hormaechea.