- Start of the project: 01/12/2022
- End of project: 31/01/2023
- Duration: 2 months
- Number of volunteers: 10
OCC Greece is looking for Greek and other EU volunteers for the following positions (possible volunteers can apply for more than one position):
- Teaching for kids, youth, or adults: Teaching English and/or Greek basic literacy to a)adult and/or b)minors groups of our beneficiaries’ community.
- Kindergarten: Working with minors of a really young age, organizing and implementing recreational activities around art, storytelling, etc.
- Women space: Organizing and implementing recreational/well-being activities for women and girls (preferably female volunteers).
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Administrative work for monitoring and evaluating our organization, in collaboration with the correspondent OCC manager.
- Communications: Use and editing of communications media via our communications equipment, administration of social media accounts, promotional campaigns, etc.
- Bike Space: Technical support and administrative work in our bike rental service.
- Computer/IT Classes: Teaching and promoting basic digital literacy skills i.e. use of Microsoft Office, setting up and email, etc to our beneficiaries’ community.
- German Classes: Teaching German basic literacy to our beneficiaries’ community.
- Mathematics Classes (Occasional): Teaching basic mathematics to our beneficiaries’ community.
- Guitar Classes (Occasional): Teaching classic guitar and basic music theory to our beneficiaries’ community.
We are looking for Greek and other EU volunteers with the following profile:
- Good level of English and/OR Greek.
- Specific age (18-30 years old)
- Being easy-going and loving an intercultural environment.
- Being motivated, proactive, open-minded, creative, and self-reliant.
- Available to share an apartment (and)/ bedroom with other volunteers (shared rooms with exclusively same-sex/gender volunteers).
The project is funded by the European Commission through the European Solidarity Corps program. This means that volunteering provides:
- Travel costs (up to 275€ approx.).
- Accommodation: Free accommodation offered in Polykastro, Greece, along with other volunteers. Apartments are fully equipped (kitchen, bathrooms, washing machine, etc.). (Note that you might share your bedroom with other volunteers of the same gender).
- Monthly food + pocket money (275€ approx.).
- Insurance (CIGNA).
- Language courses (in person or online).
If you meet the requirements, are ready to work with migrants and refugees, and wish to live lifetime experience, please fill out the form on:
We will be happy to hear from you!