- Start of the project: 01/08/2022
- End of project: 31/05/2023
- Duration: 10 months
- Number of volunteers: 5
- Location: Polikastro, Greece
OCC Greece is currently looking for Greek & EU volunteers for the following positions (volunteers can apply for more than one position):
- 1 person as Greek/English Teacher for kids, youth and/or adults: Teaching basic levels of (Greek or English) to different age groups of refugees and asylum seekers community. Suggested for individuals with an interest in formal or informal educational activities.
- 1 person for Kindergarten & Women Space: Kindergarten activities would consist of providing care for toddlers of a really young age, organizing and implementing recreational activities around art, storytelling, etc. Our Women Space activities involve organizing and implementing recreational & well-being activities for women and girls of our beneficiaries’ community (preferably a female volunteer). Suggested for individuals with an interest in pre-school education & recreational activities with a focus on gender issues.
- 1 person for Administration Tasks: Monitoring and Evaluating activities and classes of our organization, in collaboration with the correspondent OCC manager. Suggested for applicants with an interest in administration and management.
- 1 person for Communications: Use and editing of communications media via our communications equipment, administration of social media accounts, promotional campaigns, etc. Suggested for individuals with an interest in journalism and creative communications.
- 1 person for our Bike Space and Sports Team: Planning, organizing and instructing regular sports activities, providing technical support, and administrative tasks for our bicycle service. Suggested for individuals with practical and technical skills, and interested in physical exercise.
We are looking for GREEK & EU volunteers with the following profile:
- Good level of English.
- ESC age standards (preferably 23-30 years old)
- Being motivated, open-minded, creative, and self-reliant in a multicultural environment.
- No problem with sharing an apartment/bedroom with other volunteers.
- Relevant Interest/experience for each position is appreciated.
The project is funded by the European Commission through the European Solidarity Corps program. This means that volunteering provides:
- Travel costs coverage: Up to the limits established in the Erasmus+ Guide distance calculator from the volunteer’s region of residency to our center, and back.
- Free Accommodation: Provided next to our activities center, in Polykastro, Greece with other volunteers. Houses are fully equipped (kitchen, bathrooms, washing machine, etc.). Note: be ready to share your bedroom with other volunteers of the same gender.
- Monthly allowance: 270 euros per month.
- Insurance: CIGNA
- Free Language courses: Online but also in person, according to availability.
The aforementioned positions pose an excellent opportunity for individuals who are motivated to enhance their knowledge and gain practical experience on topics revolving around migration, refugees, social & economic inclusion, non-formal education, cultural mediation, gender issues, and more.
If you meet the requirements, and wish to live and work in an international environment, apply now!
We will be happy to hear from you!