- Start of the project: 01/08/2023
- End of project: 01/10/2023
- Duration: 2 months
- Number of volunteers: 10
OCC Greece is looking for EU and Greek volunteers for the following positions. with the possibility to combine more than one position:
- Teaching for kids, youth, or adults: Teaching English and/or Greek basic literacy to a)adult and/or b)minors groups of our beneficiaries’ community.
- Kindergarten: Working with minors of a really young age, organizing and implementing recreational activities around art, storytelling, etc.
- Women space: Organizing and implementing recreational/well-being activities for women and girls (preferably female volunteers).
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Administrative work for monitoring and evaluating our organization, in collaboration with the correspondent OCC manager.
- Communications: Use and editing of communications media via our communications equipment, administration of social media accounts, promotional campaigns, etc.
- Bike Space: Technical support and administrative work in our bike rental service.
- Computer/IT Classes: Teaching and promoting basic digital literacy skills i.e. use of Microsoft Office, setting up and email, etc to our beneficiaries’ community.
- German Classes: Teaching German basic literacy to our beneficiaries’ community.
- Mathematics Classes (Occasional): Teaching basic mathematics to our beneficiaries’ community.
- Guitar/Music Classes (Occasional): Teaching classic guitar and basic music theory to our beneficiaries’ community.
We are looking for volunteers with the following profile:
- Good level of English and/OR Greek.
- Specific age (18-30 years old)
- Being easy-going and eager to work in an intercultural, autonomous environment.
- Being motivated, proactive, open-minded, creative, and self-reliant.
- Available to share an apartment and bedroom with other volunteers (shared rooms with exclusively same-sex/gender volunteers).
The project is funded by the European Commission through the European Solidarity Corps program. This means that volunteering provides:
- Travel costs (up to 275€ approx.)
- Accommodation: Free accommodation is offered in Polikastro, Greece, along with other volunteers. Apartments are fully equipped (kitchen, bathrooms, washing machine, etc.). (Shared bedrooms with other volunteers of the same gender)
- Monthly food + pocket money (275€)
- Insurance (Henner)
- Language courses (in person or online)
If you meet the requirements, are ready to engage yourself by contributing to a more inclusive society working in a challenging environment, and wish to live and work in an international environment, apply now! 👇